- Destinations that are ideal for half-term trips with the kids or after dark fun with friends
It’s almost Halloween, and for anyone looking for a fang-tastic way to celebrate the return of the spooky season, Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) has you covered.
With a newly published and ghoulishly reimagined special-edition route map, GTR has identified 10 picture-perfect pumpkin patches and eight spine-tingling spooky stops across its network. So whether you’re looking for a day of wholesome pumpkin picking or scaring yourself silly, try these spook-tacular rail destinations.
The ultimate Halloween railway guide, the ‘Trainsylvania’ Map features destinations across the Thameslink, Great Northern and Southern networks, from Cambridge and Peterborough, down to Brighton and Polegate – and everywhere in between, all within a short stroll or taxi-ride from a GTR station.
So why not float down to Brighton’s haunted West Pier for a sighting of a pale ghost, or across to Tulleys Farm in Crawley for a Pumpkin Festival like no other. Whether you’re looking for a half-term trip with the kids or after dark fun with some friends, this mystical map will point you in the right direction.
Jenny Saunders, Customer Services Director at GTR, said: “We know from Google trends analytics that searches for local pumpkin patches and haunted houses soar between 16 and 29 October, so we wanted to inspire our customers with a choice of destinations to visit this Halloween season, which are all easily reachable by train.”
To find out more and download the special-edition GTR ‘Trainsylvania’ map, click here and say boo to boring this autumn season!
And in an extra spooky twist, if you are travelling with Southern, Thameslink or Great Northern over Halloween, keep your eyes peeled- as a few of your regular stations may have received the ‘trick or treat’-ment…
Find pumpkin patches and haunted houses near you! (Not an official GTR map, produced for Halloween story only)
- Willows Activity Farm, AL4 0PF. 14 min taxi from St Albans City Station
- Tulleys Pumpkin Farm, RH10 4PD. 14 min taxi from Crawley Station
- Stanhill Farm, DA2 7HD. 5 min taxi from Swanley Station
- The Pop Up Farm, AL3 8HT. 17 min taxi from St Albans City Station
- Hill Farm PYO and Farm Shop, PE7 3UA. 20 min taxi from Peterborough Station
- Bocketts Farm, KT22 9BS. 7 min taxi from Leatherhead Station
- Priory Farm, RH1 4EJ. 4 min taxi from Nutfield Station
- Sharnfold Farm, BN24 5BU. 10 min taxi from Polegate Station
- Milton Maze Pumpkin Patch, CB24 6AE. 6 min taxi from Cambridge North Station
- Pumpkin Farm, CB24 9NG. 6 min taxi from Cambridge North Station
- Tower of London, EC3N 4AB. 16 min walk from London Bridge Station
- Brighton West Pier, BN1 2FL. 18 min walk from Brighton Station
- Peterborough Cathedral, PE1 1XS. 13 min walk from Peterborough Station
- Peterborough Museum, PE1 1LF. 6 min walk from Peterborough Station
- Pluckley Village, TN27. 18 min taxi from Ashford International Station
- Preston Manor, BN1 6SD. 10 min walk from Preston Park Station
- Christ’s College, CB2 3BU. 26 min walk from Cambridge Station
- Corpus Christi College, CB2 1RH. 25 min walk from Cambridge Station
Image credit: GTR