No trains will run to or from London King’s Cross on Friday 23, Saturday 24 or Sunday 25 April as major upgrades are made to the signalling system
The following changes will also be put in place:
Friday 23 April
- LNER trains to/from the North of England and Scotland will start/end at either Peterborough or Stevenage, where passengers can change onto Thameslink train services to/from St Pancras International.
- Grand Central will run a reduced service between Sunderland/Bradford and Finsbury Park.
- Hull Trains will not run.
Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 April
- LNER trains to/from the North of England and Scotland will start/end at either Peterborough or St Neots. A replacement coach service will run between St Neots and Bedford, where passengers can change onto Thameslink train services to/from St Pancras International.
- Grand Central and Hull Trains services will not run to or from London.
People should continue following the latest Government guidance and minimise travel where possible. Those travelling from Scotland should follow their own national guidance, which is to stay local as much as possible and avoid unnecessary travel.
Passengers who need to travel are strongly advised to check their journey via National Rail Enquiries, at EastCoastUpgrade.co.uk or with their train operator. They should also allow extra time as journeys will take longer than usual.
LNER is reminding customers they must have a seat reservation to travel on all its services.
Photo credit: Network Rail