With just 100 days to go until the much anticipated launch of Chiltern Mainline, Chiltern Railways revealed their timetable plans for May on Friday 11th February. This will bring a real alternative to train travel between Birmingham and London.
The faster journey times are made possible by a £250 million investment to upgrade the rail route from Moor Street station in Birmingham to Marylebone station in central London. The key benefits of the timetable show:
• The fastest journey time between Birmingham and London of 90 minutes.
• The fastest journey time between London and Warwick Parkway of 69 minutes.
• Weekday after midnight services from London to Banbury.
• Later services from London to the West Midlands.
• A reduction in journey time for most stations.
In addition to much shorter journey times, several peak services on the Chiltern Mainline will use Mk3 trains offering a business focused travel experience, including comfortable wide seats, power sockets, plenty of table seats and wifi.
Thomas Ableman, Marketing Director of Chiltern Railways said: “We’re delighted to unveil our May timetable which will deliver passengers some of the biggest improvements in the history of Chiltern Railways. There are now just 100 days to go until the launch of Mainline when customers will see the results of the Evergreen 3 project. ”